Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/bold-subscription-widget.liquid Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/shogun-head.liquid
May 19, 2019
HOLIDAY GLOW UP: HOW TO GET YOUR SKIN VACAY-READY
There's nothing like that feeling when you're on holidays and your skin looks as glorious and glowing as you feel on the inside. Check out some of our favourite skin tips to get you living your best holiday life.
1. BYE > See-ya dry skin! Slough off all the drama and dry skin cells with a good face scrub to remove the upper layers of dead skin and reveal fresh skin underneath. If you have oily skin, you could use something with salicylic acid . If you have dry skin, look for scrubs with hydrating ingredients like Aloe or Argan oil. Make sure whatever scrub you choose doesn't have microbeads because we've gotta look after #1 (#1 being the Earth). If you want to try an at-home scrub check out this super easy recipe: 1tbs coconut oil, 2 tbs sugar.
2. BOOST CIRCULATION > One key element to glowing skin is having good circulation. Proper blood flow ensures even skin tone and good nutrient delivery to the skin cells. Grab a body brush and get scrubbing before your shower. Do long strokes always brushing in the direction towards your heart. You could aslo whip up a homemade salt scrub (olive or coconut oil + sea salt + essential oils) for a spa-like body scrub.
3. THE SHADE OF IT ALL > Protect your skin from sun damage, and make sure you're packing sunscreen for your holiday, plus some beautiful hats for instagram duh!
4. FEED + WATER > Make sure you're packing your diet with loads of nutrient-rich foods like avocados, broccoli or blueberries. Foods rich in Vitamin C like brussels sprouts and red peppers help to produce collagen that gives your skin structure and tone. Of course - drinking 2 litres of water a day is super important too for plump, happy and healthy skin.
5. YOU'RE THE BALM > Lip balm that is. Lips get a tough ride during winter, with the cold air and heating sapping moisture from them. Treat them like the kween they are with a little scrub to remove the dry top layers, and pack them with hydration. If you're feeling bougie, try out a lip mask - and make sure you pack an everyday lip balm with sun protection while you're away.
6. OH SHEET! > In the week leading up to your trip, you can treat your skin with some face masks - a schedule of one sheet mask each morning can help super-boost your skin's condition. Pack another mask for you to use inflight to ward off the impact of the plane's air conditioning which will SUCK YOUR SKIN dry if it has the chance.
7. SLEEP WITH ME > Another trick for helping your skin is to reduce how much bacteria it's being exposed to. Read more on that here. By changing your pillowcase more frequently, you drastically reduce the amount of bacteria you sleep with - which allows your skin to focus on restoration and calming. Try our SIMPLE pillow cases which give you fresh hygienic pillows every few days, or our CLEAN pillow cases that are infused with botanicals to boost skin health. Our pillow slips are also a great travel buddy, so pop some in your suitcase and you can protect your face from the intense detergents used on hotel laundry and other foreign baddies hanging out on the pillows.